HumanCentric is seeking a Business Operations Associate for our Operations Team as we continue to expand our ecommerce brand both domestically and internationally. We're laser-focused on having best-in-class operations, and you'll be a critical member of the team that ensures that our products are available to customers around the world as efficiently as possible. You will have a direct impact on our strategy and bottom-line results.
You will be Employee #5.
HumanCentric was founded in 2015 and is a profitable, high-growth, eCommerce brand. We create products that help customers organize their home or office to create well-designed and comfortable space for both work and play. We ship hundreds of orders each day to customers around the world, and are run by a small and driven team who makes it all come together.
Who We're Looking For
To be a great fit for this job, you must have...
- The ability to work both quickly and methodically. You create tremendous amounts of accurate, finished work much faster than other people you work with. You don't leave any "loose ends" when you finish your work.
- An extremely analytical mind, strong Excel skills, and the ability to quickly learn new software programs when needed.
- A positive attitude and the ability to tackle large tasks with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely good organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- The desire to work in a lean, small-company environment.
- Previous analytical or operations experience is a plus, such as consulting or similar positions.
- A bachelor's degree and at least one year of professional experience is required.
Had you been with us last month, you would have....
- Generated purchasing forecasts to restock our inventory worldwide and maintained appropriate stock levels at each warehouse
- Communicated with our suppliers in Asia and our freight forwarders to ensure on-time shipments and resolve any logistical issues
- Designed new business processes to automate operational tasks with external business partners, such as our freight forwarder, warehouse, and overseas suppliers
- Headed monthly unit profitability reporting and sales trend reporting, and analyzed advertising metrics to identify areas to improve efficiency of marketing spend
- Maintained accurate landed cost for all products across all domestic and international marketplaces
If you work with us, within the next two years it’s likely that you’ll...
- Drive more international expansion, such as setting up new sales channels or new operational facilities in other countries
- Implement new programs to streamline our operations, including system improvements (we run on Netsuite), software integrations, and process automation or simplification efforts.
- Identify metrics and develop the correct analytical model to track performance for new marketing channels such as social media advertising, paid content marketing, and more
- Train new hires as the team continues to grow.
Qualities that will make you a good fit for HumanCentric
- Technology Fluency. You can learn a new application faster than almost anyone around you.
- Independence and Efficiency. You get things done faster than your peers, and are always improving your execution. You have the right information at your fingertips because you planned in advance. You can independently manage a huge backlog by identifying actions from high-level objectives and prioritizing intelligently. You follow through on all your commitments, on time.
- Humility. If it’s part of running and building the business, nothing is outside your job description. And that’s something you value and appreciate.
- Respect. We treat customers, vendors, and each other with tremendous respect and sincere appreciation. They are people first, and business partners second.
- Balanced Intensity. You approach your work with intensity, but you're an easy person to be around.
- Clear Communication. Clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan
- Awesome, flexible paid vacation policy
- Flexible remote work policy (must be local to Chicago area)
- Work closely with a small, experienced team (including the CEO) and gain exposure to all aspects of running a global products company and eCommerce brand
To all recruitment agencies: HumanCentric does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, HumanCentric employees or any other company location.
HumanCentric is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.